Sunday, November 7, 2010

Alpha and Omega November 7, 2010

Got a sort of bonus this weekend. Sharon and Brenna needed a break so I took the boy child out to see the movie Alpha and Omega. He's been wanting to see this for a while (and I've been desperately trying to avoid it). Well, in Elijah's estimation it was worth the wait. He enjoyed it thoroughly, thought it funny and liked the romance. He wouldn't compare it for me to Megamind because they were two completely different movies. So he got my money's worth.

On the other hand, from my perspective, this was a passable but not very good movie. Unlike Megamind, I didn't care for the characters, the story was slow, predictable and uninvolving. The movie ran about 86 minutes but seemed much longer. The story involves two wolves at the end of the social order. She is the Alpha destined to lead the pack while he is the Omega, lowest of the social order. Geez, wonder how this will turn out? While many of these movies travel familiar territory, the journey to the inevitable conclusion has to be entertaining, maybe with some unexpected twists or something to keep one invested in the story. Nothing like that here. So, I didn't really get my money's worth but my wife and daughter at least got a couple hours of quiet.

Roger

No comments:

Post a Comment