Saturday, December 11, 2010

December 11, 2010 The Chronicles Of Narnia-The Voyage of the Dawn Treader



We went to an early showing of the new Narnia movie today. There were actually quite a few people there for a 10:00 am showing. I like going early in the morning in Madison as tickets are only $5.00 for a non-3D movie. Sometimes a movie is not worth even the $5.00 but other times it's worth more. Luckily for us it was definitely worth the price of admission or more.

Elijah is a huge Narnia movie fan. He has watched repeated viewings of them and eagerly awaited this third. His opinion was that the movie was very good and it even made him a little sad at the end. He didn't feel like it dragged at all and kept him interested throughout.

I enjoyed it as well. I've seen both of the other movies and what I really liked about this movie is that I felt I didn't have to see them in order to enjoy this one. The plot once again calls Lucy and Edmund Pevensie back to Narnia along with their cousin Eustace. They travel through a series of adventures to reach the end of the world. Along the way there are some impressive special effects and nice action pieces.

I've never read the Narnia series of books so I can't really comment on how the movie differs from the book but I enjoyed watching the action sequences that didn't involve big long battle scenes. I also found the actors, especially the actor who played the young Eustace quite appealing.

I would recommend The Chronicles of Narnia-The Voyage of the Dawn Treader for older children and adults. It was an enjoyable way to spend my $5.00 and a morning.

Have a good one.

Roger

No comments:

Post a Comment