Saturday, December 4, 2010

Late November Releases December 4, 2010



Thanksgiving weekend was a very busy one. We had many visitors and it was great fun. Fortunately we also had time to take in a movie. Love and Other Drugs is the new romantic comedy/drama starring Jake Gyllenhaal and Anne Hathaway. It is a film that goes on a long way based on the charisma of its two leads and they both have it in spades. As usual I don't like to give away too much about the plot because I really hate when I read reviews that do that. I will say that it is a film that sometimes plays like a comedy and then suddenly becomes very serious. Not necessarily a bad thing but at times it played a little awkward. Life can be awkward though. Either way I enjoyed it.


This weekend I went to see Disney's new animated feature Tangled. I also got a chance to see how it played to me as an adult, my son as a teenager, and my great-niece as a preschooler. We all loved the movie. It was the Disneyfied version of Rapunzel and they did a great job with it. The animation was fun and lively, the songs pleasant if not memorable, and it moved along at a brisk pace. My niece didn't even ask if it was time to go yet. The story maintained the basic story of Rapunzel with enough twists that I almost forgot how the story ends. I did have the aha moment though in time to save me from getting too misty eyed.


Luckily for me I went 2 for 2 and fully got my money's worth.


Have a good one.

Roger

No comments:

Post a Comment